Updates to Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Fixed crashing on cut scene with the Ugh Zan boss on some machines.
- Fixed not storing keyboard and mouse bindings on some machines.
- Sound system through XAudio2 API now correctly supports various speakers setups (mono, stereo, stereo LFE 2.1, quadraphonic 4.0, surround 5.0, surround LFE 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1).
- Fixed problem when sound system (XAudio2 API) cannot be initialized on audio configs that support and use sample rate higher than 48KHz.
- Added sfx_iAudioDevice cvar, used to select sound device used by the game (0=default device, 1=2nd device and so on).
- Maximum allowed sample rate used by XAudio2 mixer can now be set with ‘xad_iMaxSampleRate’ cvar (0=unlimited, use what’s set by system).
- Improved dynamic texture upload control, which should lessen stuttering when entering new scenes.
- Updated autodetection for Radeon HD4600 series boards.
- Completely reworked the chat console. It now uses a larger font, scales with the HUD, supports word wrap, limits line length, etc.
- Player name in short list limited to 25 characters.
- Added cvars hud_bShowShortPlayerList and hud_fShortPlayerListScale.
- Added plr_bAllowPlayerAutoJump cvar.
- Added hud_bFixedCroshair cvar.
- Fixed cases where player names would show up as [unknown] in coop games.
- Removed tooltip which collides with the refresh button on join game menu.
- Improved error logging when crashing.
- Updated string input menu to allow menu exit via Num Enter key.
Last month, Murder by Death joined Gaslight Anthem on a US tour. Murder by Death’s dynamic indie rock sound sat well with audiences before welcoming Gaslight Anthem to the stage each night. Now in their ninth year, they’ve played shows internationally with a load of different bands from a variety of genres and that’s what they’re aiming to do. They recently completed an instrumental soundtrack for the new science fiction book Finch by award-winning author Jeff VanderMeer. While they’re currently working on new material, you can check out their 2008 Vagrant release, Red of Tooth and Claw. Stephanie Thornton spoke with vocalist and guitarist Adam Turla before their sold-out show at the 9:30 Club in D.C. on October 22nd.
North Lincoln has pushed back their final show to January 16th, 2010. The gig will now take place at Mulligan’s Pub in the band’s hometown of Grand Rapids, MI and feature Cain Marko and (tentatively) Toronto’s Junior Battles. North Lincoln will play two sets, one of older material and one of new songs, with the entire show to be recorded. The show is free and the band will have prizes to give away as well.
Over the years, North Lincoln issued material through Salinas Records, Yo-Yo Records, Kiss of Death and No Idea, who released the band’s final full-length Midwestern Blood earlier this year. That record can be streamed at the band’s Punknews.org page.
Source Continue reading North Lincoln’s final show pushed back to January
UK paper The Guardian recent chatted with first wave New York City punk Richard Hell about the reworked and restored version of his sophomore album Destiny Street. Hell recently released Destiny Street Repaired through InSound. The album was rebuilt from the original 1982 rhythm tracks, with new vocals, arrangements, and new guitar work from players such as Bill Frisell, Ivan Julian, and Marc Ribot. The original album featured popular songs such as “The Kid with the Replaceable Head” and “Time.”
You can read Hell’s thoughts on resurrecting the troubled record at The Guardian.
Source Continue reading Richard Hell talks “Destiny Street Repaired”
Mat Arluck of Sweet Cobra, Horace Pinker, Crash Course and Stabbed By Words passed away on November 26th due to complications from his fight with cancer. He had been in and out of care for the past several years.
His bandmates in Sweet Cobra said this:
We were definitely a lucky bunch of guys to have him join our band. He’s one of the most honest and amazing people we’ve met, We’ve learned a lot from him. We’re just thankful that we had him for the time that we did.
Our condolences to his friends and family.
Source Continue reading Matthew Arluck of Sweet Cobra (1969-2009)
Deftones were recently joined by Greg Puciato of Dillinger Escape Plan to perform their song “Passenger.” The original album recording featured Maynard James Keenan of Tool on the Deftones album, White Pony.
The performance was part of a benefit for bassist Chi Cheng who has been hospitalized since 2008 and in a coma until recently. He is described as in a “minimally-conscious state” now. Deftones played a two-night benefit show on November 19-20, 2009 at Avalon in Hollywood. Proceeds went to the Chi Ling Cheng Special Needs Trust and guests included Far, Cypress Hill, Rodleen Getsic, Ben Kenney, Greg Puciato, Rick Verret, Tommy Lee, Mike Shinoda, Mark McGrath, Xzibit, Robert Trujillo, Rocky George and Mike Muir (Suicidal Tendencies), Dave Lombardo, Alexi Laiho, Daron Malakian, Shavo Odadjian, John Dolmayan, and Max Cavalera.
Henry Rollins has announced the North American leg of his recently announced “Frequent Flyer Tour.” The musician and spoken word artist will kick off the tour in California, shortly after wrapping up a January tour of the UK.
MxPx have posted the title track from their upcoming Christmas-themed release, Punk Rawk Christmas. Due out December 1, 2009 the album will feature mainly original, Christmas themed music from the band.
Updates to Football Manager 2010 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Football Manager 2010 v10.1.1
- Fixed the game running out of memory when entering a match for some users
- Fixed a rare crash in the tactics panel
- Fixed rare issue with score divergence
- Fixed occasional crash when responding to red card
The Pixies‘ recent performance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon is now available online. The legendary band performed “Debaser” live on the show and then performed “Hey” in a special online segment.