Worthing, UK’s Architects (not to be confused with the Kansas City, MO-based band of the same name) have posted a new track. “Learn to Live” will appear on the group’s upcoming full-length The Here And Now, due out January 25, 2011 via Century Media.
It might be the slowest news week of the year, but not even a flurry of inactivity in the world of Punknews can deter your trusty editors from unplugging their mics and shutting up for the sake of everyone’s sanity. No, sir! This week, news editor Bryne Yancey is joined on the roundtable by managing editor Adam White and social media editor Justin August to discuss Paramore‘s lineup changes, the upcoming LP from Rise Against and the band’s relevance in the scene, and in what has to be a Punknews Podcast first, we break the fourth wall and talk a bit about the ethos of year-end lists and the sometimes puzzling reactions they provoke, hopefully in a manner that isn’t too ham-handed.
You can click Read More to stream and/or download the show, or subscribe via RSS or iTunes. Don’t forget to give us your feedback in the comments section or via e-mail. If you want to relive the glory of our previous intellectual conquests or just subject co-workers to more inane Punknews musings, past episodes are right here.
Source Continue reading Punknews Podcast: The week of December 27, 2010
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source Beta have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Fixed a team-change crash
Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin have put together a video for “Back in the Saddle” using old footage from ancient Boston rockers Aerosmith, whose song of the same name was a moderate hit in 1977. SSLYBY issued Let It Sway earlier this year to some critical acclaim.
Click Read More to watch the clip.
Source Continue reading Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin: “Back in the Saddle”
The band announced their reunion back in October after a four year hiatus. Their last release was a self-titled LP back in 2006 through Eastwest/Fearless Records.
Source Continue reading Gatsbys American Dream to release new music through Equal Vision?
Updates for Trine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Steam Cloud now works properly between PC and Mac (uses the 5 most recent saves in the Cloud)
- Audio menu now adjusts audio properly
- Sound effect reversal bug fixed
- Sound effect fade bug fixed
- Fixes minor menu bugs
Updates to APOX Beta have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Fixed bug with sniper unit deploying his rifle when he was told to stay in prone.
Fixed AI bug causing bot players to inappropriately make cars without drivers.
Fixed AI bug where mortar soldier would sometimes run into enemy bunker’s cone-of-fire.
Fixed crash that prevented players from playing with non-Latin characters in their Windows user name (Russian names for example).
Fixed a common crash with systems using a low-end video card.
Added some graphics optimizations for higher FPS.
Merged Co-Op and PvP channels into one lobby channel that has two rooms (so you can quickly see who’s online).
Fixed many other crashes and several other small bugs.
Fans of Dungeons & Dragons rejoice! Dreams do come true, as Neverwinter Nights 2 finally makes its way onto Steam as Neverwinter Nights 2: Platinum Edition. To celebrate its launch, the game will be available at 50% off during today’s Daily Deal offer. Don’t miss it!
Platinum edition includes Neverwinter Nights™ 2 and two official expansion packs: Mask of the Betrayer and Storm of Zehir.
Monday Night Combat Product Update 3
? Fixed zero mouse sensitivity issue.
? Fixed spawned bots rewarding bounty and assists when they explode via money ball, time out or buzzer attack.
? Fixed PhysX crash.
? Increased lifetime of console echos, chat text and team chat.
? Added Admin features for servers.
? Added command line support for dedicated servers.
? Reduced the duration of Sniper Trap Freeze against players.
? Increased recovery time of level 2 and 3 Tank Charge
? Decreased damage done by level 3 Tank Charge, knockdown and stun is unchanged.
Source Continue reading Monday Night Combat Beta Updated
Updates to Plants vs Zombies: Game of the Year Edition have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Updated achievement descriptions
- Fixed crash on accessing Crazy Daves Store.
- Fixed crash with resuming adventure mode after exiting game on non-gameplay parts of a level.
Updates to Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- Resolved crashing issue in Raisins Cave at the start of the game.
Updates to Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
New game Mode: Trinket Wars
- Replaces Holy Grail game mode. Each team has their own trinket carrier whom they must defend while killing the other teams’ players.
- tw_saints is now in rotation and runs the Trinket Wars game mode.
New Achievements and Titles:
- 15 new achievements including: Sword At A Gunfight, Traveler, Some Friend You Are, Black Powder Finish, Hollywood Physics, Meat Carver, Final Strike, In Good Company, Superior Messiah, Mine’s Better, The Chosen One, Sharing Is Caring, I Be Unstoppable, So Come Take A Drink…, One Man Army
- Many achievements now unlock Player Titles which can be selected from a new ‘Character Info’ screen in the main menu. Titles appear next to the player’s name in the MVP screen and when mousing over their model in-game. Example titles include: the Messiah, the Invincible, the Parrot Slayer and many more!
New Sounds and Voice Menus
- Many new sounds for weapons and general map ambiance.
- New voice menus that include dynamic objective commands and other helpful dialogue.
- Unique voices for each class.